by Chance Barnett, Co-Founder & CEO of crowdfunder
Good news Startup Weekend participants!
crowdfunder has partnered up with the Vegas Startup Weekend and the Vegas Tech Fund to launch CROWDSTART LV – a startup contest where the winning prize is a $500,000 startup investment opportunity with the Vegas Tech Fund. A nice article on it here, at Pando Daily.
The contest kicks off at the Vegas Startup Weekend and will bring community collaboration, education, visibility and fundraising opportunities to startups. To enter your startup you simply need to sign up for the contest here and create a profile on crowdfunder. (example: MISSION.tv)
Once you’ve created your startup profile, you will compete for Votes on your startup/profile from both your personal network, and from the Vegas Community on crowdfunder.
In August, the Vegas Tech Fund will select up to 10 top startups from crowdfunder, looking at both the top Voted startups, as well as the best founding teams and community-oriented projects.
Those top 10 startups will pitch at a live event for up to $500,000 in investment.
What does this mean for you as a participant in Startup Weekend?
Fundraising & Growth Advice For Your Startup
On Friday night at the start of the Weekend, I’m going share some insights on the following topics:
1) How crowdfunding for Startups will work (equity-based crowdfunding)
2) Overview of JOBS Act and crowdfunding legislation, and how it affects your startup
3) How to get started with crowdfunding now
crowdfunder Providing Prizes To Vegas Startup Weekend Teams
We’re also going to provide a few prizes to the winner of the Weekend, and the other teams.
These prizes include:
- Every team will get a video interview session to help optimize their crowdfunder profile
- The winner of the Weekend will get a strong crowdfunder Company Profile, with viral video, plus ongoing coaching and advice from a variety of successful entrepreneurs/investors involved with crowdfunder
- A $500,000 investment opportunity for the winner of the CROWDSTART LV Contest
Go to crowdfunder to submit your company’s profile and enter the contest.
Hope to see you at the Startup Weekend Las Vegas!