Do Your Homework.
– What problem are you trying to solve?
– What is your value proposition?
– What is your true market size?
– Work on getting some early customer validation, talk to 1-2 potential customers (or friends) to uncover insight into what you might want to build over the weekend.
– Problem (Ex: Textbooks are too expensive for college students)
– Market size (Ex: $4 billion)
– Who you need – “Marketing expert/ Programmers”
– What you want to build over the weekend – “Mobile app/API/etc.”
Grab a few of your friends to practice your pitch. If they ask you what you mean about a concept, it’s usually a good sign to make your words more clear and concise. Remember, you only have 90 seconds to confidently say exactly what you mean.
Go get ‘em and have fun with it. “Less is more”, as long as you cover the important stuff.